Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Feel the Pain


I remember a few years ago running by my high school with the guys from my mid-distance team when an old man came running from the opposite way. We both gave each other an understood nod that said, “yes we’re both running,” and we had that in common. This was a usual gesture that people use in passing particularly when you don't know the person. It was when he spoke to me though that he broke the barrier of normality. Out of breath, he shortly said, “doesn’t pain feel good?” I probably smiled and politely said yes and continued on my run only to laugh about it once he turned the corner. Now that I recall that memory though, I can’t say I do enjoy pain. I enjoy the challenge. Pain is a part of the challenge that I must overcome to achieve a result or a destined goal.

1 comment:

  1. so first off, what made you make this blog? and second off, I love the URL name... ha... and third, do you even read my tumblr?! cause if you don't. that's good.. I have not been keeping up with it.. sigh. but this post is so different from your writing.. I might miss your poems..

    ReplyDelete